Coastal Patent Law Group, P.C. (CPLG) is a business-focused intellectual property law firm.
Our strengths include the ability to see beyond the patent office and the courts, and into the business world for bringing significant value to our clients.
These are a few examples illustrating how CPLG is differentiated from other small IP firms:
- Raising Capital: helped client raise $8M in the first biotech IPO of 2019, based exclusively on the value of the Company's IP and team.
- Strategic Patent Portfolio Building: built patent portfolio of over 200 patents which led to $150M acquisition in 2018.
- IP Strategy | In-Licensing: drafted and closed key intellectual property License-1 and License-2 on behalf of client in 2017, setting up that IPO mentioned above.
- Leveraging IP Positions to Raise Non-Dilutive Capital: obtained confidential six-figure settlement (non-dilutive capital) benefitting our client in a USPTO Trademark Opposition; probably the largest in TTAB history (damages and attorney fees not awarded by TTAB, however, we were able to negotiate a business deal).
- Monetization: purchased, sold, in-licensed and out-licensed many patents, trademarks and trade secrets on behalf of our clients.
CPLG provides next-level intellectual property procurement and monetization strategies for inventors and businesses.